Pages

Tuesday 23 November 2010

eBay ain't a bad place to be


In the interests of even-handedness, and having written about people's wastefulness, I suppose I should also comment on certain buying habits.

Years ago, my brother and a friend and I took ourselves up to Hammersmith Odeon, bought tickets from a tout and then shook our heads to AC/DC and Def Leppard. I kept my ticket stub from that concert and thought I'd put it up for sale on eBay. It's of no interest to me now, and anyway, it's been in my parents' loft for the past thirty odd years. I see from the ticket that the face value was £3.75 which means that we probably paid a fiver for those tickets. If I remember rightly, I paid for my brother's ticket because it was his birthday the previous day.

That ticket stub has now reached the heady heights of a £10.50 offer on eBay with the number of people watching the item now well into double figures. Here, you can bid on it yourself if you'd like to: AC/DC Ticket.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah I'll bid all my monopoly money :) As Obelix says, this ebay users are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold for £36.06, more than ten times the face value of the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..Good. What will be the next item you are going to sell on ebay? ..:-) Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of stuff Roshan, postcards, more tickets, my old denim waistcoat covered in heavy metal patches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you appear to have sold it for £36.06!! :)

    I should remember not to throw away my tickets from a Prodigy gig I went to last year in Manchester. Accounting for a 10x price rise, I hope to make £300 in 2020.:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I'm still half asleep and vaguely hungover, I shall add the completely irrelevant tidbit that I was frisked by the police when I was trying to leave the Prodigy concert venue early after the 14 year old idiot next to me decided to deposit the contents of his mouth/stomach on my t-shirt.

    A plainclothesman dressed as a tramp approached me as I was leaving; I thought he was some sort of tout trying to sell me some shit and told him to sod off. Next thing I knew, I was being held by two cops in a little hidden corridor next to the gents loo while they rifled through the contents of what they suspected was a stolen wallet.

    ReplyDelete