Pages

Friday 17 September 2010

Comedy value for money

From this morning's METRO newspaper:

" A mother who bought a lucky bag full of games for her three-year-old son found a card with the word wanker on it inside. Anna Royce complained but was dismayed to find the game still on sale a week later. "I couldn't believe it, particularly because it states on the bag it is suitable for children aged three and over," said Ms Royce, 32 from Colchester, Essex. She bought the Doodlewonker game featuring a monster called the Galloping Wanker from a Poundland store for son Jamie. Poundland pledged to investigate."

Well, what do you expect for a pound?

4 comments:

  1. You get a galloping wanker for a pound? I'm interested. Where exactly is this store?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it says clearly on the pack? inside is galloping wAnker? what is the mother complaining about? what if she bought a blender "with spare blades inside" and discovered there weren't any? or if she bought 3m of suit fabric and the tailor says "onlee 2.65m"? some people don't know how fortunate they are!
    ps: what does this galloping wanker do? distribute in india?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a regular follower of your blog and enjoy them very much. Some times they have worked as good advice for me when I needed them.

    However, why are you not posting anything these days? I have been checking 'England, this England' everyday and finding nothing new :( Please start posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mojo Jojo - Poundland, in pretty much every large-ish UK town I think, but this one was in Colchester, not a million miles away from where I live these days.

    ms - I know, I know, some people have got nothing better to do than complain about galloping wankers - or blog about them.

    Vineesh - I'm sorry, I've been really busy of late, both at work and on various other projects. But just for you, I've posted again today. And I suppose the good advice from today's post would be: don't cycle without lights, don't kill innocent Afghans and don't get stars tattoed on your legs.

    ReplyDelete